Every smartphone today is a camera phone by default. iPhone is one of the most popular smartphones, and the Camera allows you to take selfies and landscapes and shoot full-fledged blogs and even edit them on your smartphone. Unfortunately, even the iPhone can fail at the most inopportune moment – the Camera does not start, does not take pictures or does not switch. The good news is that everything has its explanation, and the solution to the problem in no way intersects with a visit to the service center. We will tell you how to solve the problem when the Camera on the iPhone freezes on our own.
What to do if the iPhone camera does not turn on
I’m sure you often encountered the fact that the Camera on the iPhone did not turn on at startup, or a black background was displayed instead of the image on the screen. There is no proper explanation as to why this is happening. But dealing with it is quite realistic.
Understanding what to do if the Camera does not work at all
- Make sure nothing is blocking the lens. A case you bought may interfere with shooting, or you covered the entire view with your finger (relevant for older iPhones).
- If everything is in order, try restarting the Camera by closing other applications.
- Go to Settings – General – iPhone Storage and free up memory.
- Did it not help? Try switching to the front Camera and back to the main one.
Why is there no sound when recording video on iPhone
Any device, sooner or later, begins to be weird. Even your newest iPhone 13 Pro will record video without sound sooner or later. Why is this happening?
What should I do if the Camera is recording video without sound?
- If the microphone worked a minute ago, and now there is no sound in the video, then most likely, this is due to the microphone being blocked. You may have covered it with your finger.
- In addition, please pay attention to the quality of the accessory and its compatibility with the iPhone: the case may not have a hole for the microphone.
- Check if the microphone is clogged with dirt. Especially true for those who do not remove the case from the iPhone for a long time.
Why doesn’t the camera switch on iPhone
It also happens that the Camera on the iPhone starts but does not switch. For example, the main Camera works, but the front Camera does not turn on, or a dark screen appears. What to do?
- Check that nothing interferes with the front Camera: an incorrectly glued protective glass is one of the reasons.
- Try closing the Camera and restarting it.
- Close other applications.
- As a last resort, try restarting your iPhone – it may be that iOS is malfunctioning.
Why does a photo flip on an iPhone?
One of the most annoying iPhone camera problems is upside-down photos. I noticed this problem often happens when you take a photo on Telegram or WhatsApp.
What if the Camera rotates?
- Most often, this happens due to the wrong orientation of the smartphone. For example, when photographing food while holding the iPhone on top. Please pick up the phone and hold it in the desired position: wait until all the icons on the screen are turned upside down.
- If you take a photo directly in the application, but the photo is still flipped, check Orientation Lock: open Control Center and turn off the function.
What to do if the flash does not work on iPhone
Have you noticed that the flash does not always start on the iPhone? This is extremely rare, but the problem deserves attention.
What should I do if the flash does not work?
- The iPhone flash has three modes: Auto, On, and Off. In the first case, the flash turns on at the right level of the environment. If you want it always to work, click “On”.
- Turning it off is normal if you’ve used Flashlight and turned on the Camera on your iPhone. Just turn on the flash in the Camera settings, and after exiting the application, reactivate the Flashlight.
- If the flash still doesn’t turn on, restart your iPhone.
- If you dropped your iPhone, this case is to blame: the cable may have come off, or the flash may have been damaged.
What to do if the Camera on the iPhone does not focus
If your iPhone camera takes blurry pictures and doesn’t focus on objects, try the following methods.
What to do if the Camera does not focus?
- Wipe the lens with a cloth. Even a small drop of liquid on the Camera makes the picture blurry.
- Make sure the device is stationary. Try using a tripod.
- Check if the liquid has entered under the glass. If the previous methods did not help, perhaps something got under the glass. Contact the service center.
What to do if the Camera on the iPhone mirrors
You don’t like it when iPhone takes mirror pictures on the front Camera? This is unpleasant when photographing an inscription or numbers. How to fix it?
Mirror camera? Please turn it off in settings!
- Go to Settings, and select “Camera”.
- In the “Composition” column, turn off the slider next to “Front Camera Mirror”.
Ready! Now the iPhone camera will not mirror pictures. If you already have finished photos you want to correct, this can be done using the standard iOS tools.
Before and after. Comfortable!
- Go to “Photos” and select the desired picture.
- Open it and click “Edit”.
- Select the rightmost rotate icon at the bottom.
- After that, click the mirror in the upper left corner.
Ready! Now all captions on the image will be displayed correctly.